Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comfort in Crisis

In the midst of celebrations and great expectations for better days ahead, some people however are experiencing the cold reality of grief, pain, suffering, loss and other devastating circumstances. No matter the cause of these challenges, there is a universality of feeling the pain brought on by critical life events. There is great peace in knowing that God, our Father provides love and comfort for the soul that is troubled or weary from bearing heavy burdens of life. He is the God of all comfort; therefore earth has no sorrow that He can not heal.

Jesus said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls; for My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

No comments:

Post a Comment